10 Reasons To Use Virtual Reality In The Classroom
Publication/Creation DateFebruary 1 2017
DescriptionUsing a graphic created by Maria Galanis and Andrea Trudeau, Ashley McCann elaborates on 10 different ways that virtual reality (VR) can be used in the classroom to teach children new things. Examples include:
1. Travel to and explore places all over the world without leaving the classroom.
2. Develop empathy for communities in crisis by stepping into their shoes.
3. Experience different careers first-hand.
4. Explore the depths of the ocean and the vastness of space.
5. Time travel to key events and places from the past.
6. Explore within the human body.
7. Allow students to share their world with others by creating their own VR content.
8. Discover how VR can be used in other industries like medicine, engineering, entertainment and real estate.
9. Explore how VR can be integrated into every subject area and curriculum.
10. Promote curiosity and wonder.
Date archivedDecember 14 2017
Last editedApril 8 2018